Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mindful of Trees


Being raised on the plains I longed to live on a tree lined street. Maybe a forest would be closer to the truth. While I'm not in a forest there is one really close by and a trip to some of the many lakes in the area have convinced me, I've arrived.

Probably the most surpising thing to me is the population in the countryside. Traveling many states in the midwest I'd witnessed miles of nothing but fields, with tree lines to keep the soil from blowing away. Every so many miles there would be a farm or house. In the parts of western Michigan I've traveled there is a house or farm around every corner. Lots of trees as I've mentioned and rolling fields. It's quite beautiful. Does that mean farms are larger in the midwest? I don't know, but people living in the countryside of Michigan have much closer neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment